This is the continuation of our post on besam/gram flour. Enjoy it. Use it and give us feedbacks.
6. Instant Fairness:
Mix 4 teaspoons of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of ground orange peel and ½ teaspoon of malai. Apply this paste all over the face and neck. Massage your face gently in a circular motion. Keep it on for 15 minutes and wash off with cool water. This pack gives you an instant glow. It makes the skin smooth and soft.
7. Body Scrub:
Gram flour is beneficial for the skin as well. Indulge in a homemade body scrub that is free from all the harsh chemicals found in soaps/body wash. Mix 3 teaspoons of besan, 1 teaspoon of grounded oats and 2 teaspoons of corn flour along with a little raw milk. Apply the mixture on your body and gently scrub. This is an excellent body scrub which removes dead cells, excess sebum and dirt quite effectively. It gives you a clean and smooth skin.
8. Unwanted Facial Hair:
Besan has been used to remove unwanted facial hair since a long time. Mix fenugreek powder with besan and prepare a paste. Apply it over your facial hair. Wash off when it dries. You can also prepare a face pack by mixing besan, lemon juice, malai and sandalwood powder. Apply it on the areas with unwanted hair and wash off when it dries.
Benefits Of Gram Flour For Hair
9. For Healthy Hair:
Do you know that besan can be used to maintain healthy and shiny hair? Prepare a hair pack by mixing 1 egg white, 2 teaspoon of besan, 1 teaspoon curd and ½ teaspoon of lemon juice. Mix it well and apply the pack all over the hair, concentrating on the tips. Allow it to dry and wash off with cool water.
10. For Long Hair:
Use this simple home remedy for long and strong hair. Make a nourishing hair pack by mixing gram flour, almond powder, curd and a teaspoon of olive oil. If you have dry and damaged hair, add 1-2 capsules of vitamin E oil. Apply it and rinse with cold water after it dries. Repeat it twice a week.
How To Use Besan/ Gram Flour?
This ingredient is also known to eliminate bad odour as it detoxifies the skin. You can try a few of these homemade remedies for your skin.
- For Acne Scars: Mix besan, a pinch of turmeric powder and 2 table spoons of fresh milk to create a smooth paste and apply evenly on the face and neck area. After 20-25 minutes, wash off with lukewarm water to achieve glowing skin.
- For Dry, Flaky Skin: Mix 2-3 drops of fresh lemon juice with 1 tablespoon besan, 1 teaspoon milk cream or olive oil and ½ teaspoon honey to form a paste. Apply it all over the face and rinse it thoroughly with water when it dries naturally.
- For Oily Skin: Beat one egg white and add 2 tablespoons of besan to make it into a mask. Apply this mask for 15 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
- For Blemish-free Skin: A simple recipe
Ingredients: 50gms chana dal, 10gms fenugreek seeds, 2-3 pieces of turmeric.
Method: Grind all the ingredients into a powder and store it in a container.
Application: Use this powder in a little quantity with some milk cream and wash the face regularly with it instead of soap.
Besan: Tips For Storage
- Store the besan in an airtight container and keep it in a cool place.
- Do not use a wet spoon to take the besan as it leads to the formation of lumps.
- Include besan in your regular beauty regime for healthy skin and hair.