We all love our houses and offices to smell nice and fresh and at times we are wary of what’s inside store bought airfreshners we use (some chemicals therein are unlisted). To be sure of all the ingredients in our air freshners, we will go into our pantry in our kitchen, yes, our kitchen to source and make this lovely, organic, fresh, airfreshner. It is easy and healthy. We will make use of baking soda (which some of us use to take away bad smell from our fridges, some of us use it for our skin, that’s a topic for another day), lemon (which is a natural deodoriser and will give your home/office a pleasant smell) and some essential oil (I love lavender essential oil). Anyway, let’s get to business:
5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
5 ml (1 tsp) lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2-3 drops essential oil (of choice)
500 ml (2 cups) hot water
Things you will need:
A medium sized Mixing bowl
A Wooden spoon
- Add the baking soda, lemon juice and essential oil to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the hot water.
- Stir with a wooden spoon to dissolve. Allow to cool.
- Pour the dissolved mixture into a spray bottle (you can make use of funnel here to make it easy to pour).
- Alternatively, you can skip the bowl, by simply putting the baking soda, lemon juice, essential oil, and hot water into your spray bottle, and shaking it well. (If you use this method, you need to be careful, switch from side to side). I’ll rather skip this and mix in a bowl, it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Spritz the air whenever needed. Shake well before spraying.